Getting there was a bit crazy, first we had to drive to the parking area. Then take a shuttle to a waiting area where we waited for the ferry. Road the ferry across the lake. then walked to the gates to get in.
First we went to Pirates of the Caribbean
Will REALLY wanted to take a cannon ball with us.
Next was the Jungle Cruise
.
One of my traditional favorites, the Tiki Room
On to the Haunted Mansion. I really loved the things they had to look at while making our way into the Mansion.
It's A Small World was really neat. They had the line mostly inside, and you even went up and behind the clock and gear wall which I thought was really cool.
On to Tomorrow Land, the Autobon, Buzz Lightyear and lunch.
We snuck in another ride on Pirates and then had to go up the Swiss Family Robinson Tree. I remember this at Disneyland and loved it. I was so sad when Disneyland changed it to Tarzan and was so so happy to see they still had it as the Swiss Family Robinson tree here.
And coming out of the tree we walked right past Jesse and Woody.
Another one of my very very favorite rides has always been the Peter Pan ride. I just love how you are in a flying pirate ship flying through the story. I especially thought the things to see in the line here were amazing. Holograms of Nana and what looked like you were looking in side the front windows and hearing their parents talking. Then you went through Wendy, Jon and Michael's bedroom. It felt just like being in their nursery. You could see Tinker Bell's light and hear her as she flew around the room, and butter fly shadows that if you could touch and swing would play music and sounds. Unfortunately it took us 1.5 hours standing in line and was the longest we had to wait in a line that day by far. Mike was not too happy, especially when we finally got on the ride and it stopped...twice! Oh well, he was a good sport to humor me. Thanks hun!
After Peter Pan we all needed a pick-me-up treat
Last but not least, Splash Mountain!!
Aly was determined she was not going on it so Mike took James while Aly, Will and I waited
After Mike and James were done Will decided he wanted to try it so Mike waited with Aly while I took the boys
By this time the sun was starting to set and we had been at the park for something like 11 hrs. We were all pretty tired and ready to go relax in our hotel room. We did snap some more pics on the way out though.
| Happy 15th Anniversary!! |
Wow, such a nostalgic day for me. I grew up going to Disneyland with cousins and it has always had a special place in my heart. Mike and I went there on our honey moon and that just cemented how special it was to me and the sweet memories I have there. I have been wanting to go to Disneyworld since I knew it existed and that finally happened. I loved reliving the magic with my family, visiting all my old favorite rides and seeing the new things there. The day was long and a bit crazy and humid but I was sad see it end. Still, such an amazingly fun and magical day.
Looks like SO much fun!! So happy you got to go there with your family!
ReplyDelete