We love the new kitty, but Tommy isn't too sure if it is a good thing or not
Grizz loves his alpha male ;-)
Finished the top of my quilt!!
Hunting season is going to start this week! Mike went and spotted and found some pretty big 2 point bucks.
The 28th was the beginning of muzzle loader season. Mike headed up the night before. I took Grizz for a hike.
I got home, worked on some weeding and about 10:30 Mike came driving down the street. He had already shot his buck!!
Yay!! I am so excited! I love deer meat. Mike had seen a few bucks in that same area so that evening we went back up to see if we could fill my tag around there.
Unfortunately, we didn't see anything but it was a beautiful fall evening anyway. Plus Mike got one so that's really great!!
The next day I got to hang out with cute little Owen Reshke for a few hours.
I also worked on a bookshelf for Will's room. I like how it turned out
The 30th we spent the morning looking for more deer
That afternoon we ran errands. We got Will a Halloween costume and had some fun at the Mall.
When we got home Will tried on his costume and Aly let the dogs in. Grizz and Lilly came in but Maddie didn't. Aly went looking for her and it took a while to find her. Eventually she came out from hiding and when she did we realized she had been torn up. She had a very bad puncture in her neck by her throat and her rear end was ripped up pretty badly.
Of course it was the weekend and the only Vet's office open was the ER clinic. I rushed her there in Orem. She was in shock and drooling. Poor baby!! They took her in and said it would be a few days. I left feeling sick to my stomach . Poor Maddie!! I am not sure which dog did it but Lilly has been nipping Will on the backside when he runs, Mike and Will did not trust her or like her so I contacted the C.A.R.E rescue and said we could not longer keep Lilly. It was heartbreaking for me! I had bonded with this dog so closely, she is so sensitive, so in tune with her surroundings and the pack a round her. I love it! However, the rest of my family were not comfortable around her so the best thing was for her to go to a home where everybody loved her. It still breaks my heart to think about her, but it is not fair for Maddie to be ripped up like this, that also tugs at my heart. Poor baby!! When talking to my mom about it she asked if we chose to have Maddie put down and honestly I was shocked! The thought had never occurred to me and it hadn't occurred to Mike either which I love him so much for! Oi, what a crazy month!
No comments:
Post a Comment